Istarblog.com is so happy and fortunate to hold an interview to the one great new clothing brand called Swavor Clothing ( swavorclothing.com ). Check my interview below for you to know what’s stuff they’re still cooking for us all..
- Tell me about your self?
My name is Christofer Brito, I am the Artistic Director at Swavor clothing and the creator behind the classic swavor logo. It is always been an honor to be placed in such an important role in the brand. Especially because I consider myself a very big fan of what we do. I live, breath, and dream everything and anything that has to do with fashion. I am currently attending my 2nd year at the fashion school ESMOD RENNES, I’m proudly one of their first Cape Verdean students. I’m working towards obtaining my degree in fashion design and pattern making.
2. Where you guys based? Country and City please.
We are based in the USA the D.M.V (DC,MARYLAND,VIRGINIA) to be exact. The brand itself was born and is based in the Maryland area in the city of Rockville.
3. Tell me about your company and the brand ( Please explain all in here, like when & where do you guys started, who with you with? and how many of you in the company( staff and team) also, who is the brain or the CEO of the company?
Swavor stands for shiek,Wealthy, arrogant,victourious,original,retail. The concept behind the brand was created by the c.e.o of swavor, Shek Tarawallie in the year 2010. At the time I had met shek in a community college in Maryland. The brand was still just an idea. Luckily I had the skills to give the brand the tools it needed to advance. I was quick to realize that Shek was a marketing genius who only needed the right people around him. Swavor started off with exactly 191 dollars and two shirts that would be later known as “the classics”. From there we started to build a buzz around our hometown in the dmv area.erviewThe swavor staff members consist of Brandon Gatling (a.k.a Concrete Jungle) who is our media director, Shek Tarawallie who is the owner and the brain of the company, myself, and of course our representatives all over the world.
4. Your brand is mainly on? Example – Street fashion wear, high-end fashion and so on. And please do explain why have you chosen to be on that field, why not to the other line?
The whole idea behind swavor is what makes it so interesting. We want to bring street wear and haut couture colliding together. We hope to bring to the table something new and fresh that no one has ever seen before. With the help of Art and history we don’t only make a simple collection or just smack designs on a t shirt. We are able to give a history lesson on the great conquerors of the world, through the art work they have left behind. Ultimately we hope to create our own genre in the fashion world.
5. What is your edge, you think ( the company) to the other same brands?
We do things very differently; we never follow what the next trend is going to be, or what people are going to be wearing this season. At swavor we like to take our own path and choose for ourselves what we think the next trend should be. In return our customers and our loyal supporters know whatever product they purchase from swavor no one else will have. We never copy or imitate anything that a brand has already done, in that term you can say we are pretty ignorant.
4. Your brand looks so dope, where do you guys get all of your inspirations/ideas on these creations or pieces you’ve had made? ( and please tell me on what certain design of tee or any pieces you’d really liked and in what thing/s it inspired with) Please gimme the item link for this one, or better yet, send me over the photo/s
When we begin a collection, shek will always be the one to find the perfect inspiration. It usually comes from a certain painter, a certain time in history, or even the mood of the world. One of the best examples, is the “death of socrates” t shirt which depicts the moment when Socrates was forced to drink the mortal poison. This was a painting done by Jacques Louis-David who is best known as Napoleons Bonaparte’s personal painter. This was an idea that Shek came up with to incorporate art with fashion. It was one of our most talked about piece of the season, and a best seller. It was a genius idea that really set the stage for swavor. Another best seller and a piece that will always be known as a swavor classic, is “America by Christofer Brito”.Its a true collectors piece that is very limited and a real collector’s edition which makes it very difficult to find. I designed the piece myself to simply pay tribute to swavors love for its country. I was fairly surprised by the positive reaction it received after its release. I can honestly say I wasn’t expecting it.
Morte de Socrates’ by Jacques Louis-David – $50.00
America’ By Christofer Brito – $59.99
5. Do you guys have lookbook.nu account? if so, what it is?
No unfortunately we do not have a lookbook account yet, but It does look tempting. I will have to bring it up at the next meeting I have with shek.
6. Do your company get featured already? ( in the magazines or any form of media? if so, where it is? do you have any link on it? or at least a photo/s? if so, could you also send me over the photos or news paper scan photos if possible.
Yes, we have been featured on the Blueprint magazines next issue which should be in stores mid September 2012. Shek had the chance to conduct an interview with them about the brand, which I do recommend reading if you like to know a little more. We are also featured in ESMOD Paris blog who wrote an article about myself and the brand. It is in French but you can run it through google translate in whatever language u require. We are expecting to be in a couple other fashion magazines and blogs very soon.
Check other Magazine interview here: http://theblueprintmagazine.com/index.php/item/4828-swavor
7. Do you guys have online shop/s and nearby / real stores? if so, what is the link and the where its located ( full address please)
We don’t have a store of our own just yet, but we do have our own online store. It can be reached at swavorclothing.com. A second official seller of swavor online is karmaloop, the link is; www.karmaloop.com/kazbah/brands/Swavor. If you ever find yourself in the Washington D.C. area we are in a sneaker boutique called kickk spott. Their address is 1436 WISCONSIN AVE NW; WASHINGTON, DC, 20007.
8. I’ve noticed most of your items are these men’s wear? (if I dont mistaken) Also, do you guys had plans to widen your market to girls fashion wears too?
We try to make our products unisex, so that both females and males are able to wear our cloth, and still be able to look great. Yes we are definitely looking into making cloth strictly for females. A swavor couture line is in the works at the moment as a possibility for the future.
9. I know most of my readers would like to know your social media accounts and where they’ll usually find you, could you please list down all of your accounts? like twitter, facebook fan page, email, phone number/s and more..
Absolutely you can reach us on facebook.com/swavor, twitter.com/swavorclothing ,tumblr.com/blog/swavorclothing. Feel free to contact us.
10. Do you ship internationally?
Yes we ship internationally; our team makes sure that the transactions are always safe and secure.
11. Lastly, what do you want to say to all of my readers? ( you can put and tell everything here, like, your current promos, new collections and all.
I just hope you guys are able to enjoy swavor and hopefully enjoy our next collection, which I think will be one of our most original yet to come. We are appreciative for the support and thank you for taking the time to read this great interview. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I have.