Clothes maketh a man and define a woman- it is a little modified version of the famous saying which holds true today too. Impressions are created or destroyed based on what one wears, especially at work. The trend is changing and many IT companies are allowing casual wear at work but still at majority of the places dressing up appropriately for work is mandatory. However, workwear need not necessarily be drab, dull and boring. A few smart choices coupled with the right accessories can make dressing up for work something to look forward to and will get appreciative nods from everyone too. Accessorising smartly is crucial, as that can change a look from ‘drab to fab’ without going overboard.
Accessories for work
One of the main accessories to take to work is a bag. There are a number of options available but nothing beats the stylish elegance of a leather bag. If anyone have doubts regarding leather bags being expensive or come in limited design,then they could choose from myriad leather handbags online. The tote is an ideal work handbag as it is the apt size and highly functional too. Leather bags are available in a number of colours ranging from soft pastels to vibrant hues, but a safe bet for work would be a monochromatic bag in basic colours, such as black, brown, grey; even pastels could add a fresh feminine touch. Metallic bags must be avoided because they might possibly seem very loud for a work bag and work best as party bag. Such tote bags also have a number of metal fittings like buckles. These look good only if they are subtle since oversized fittings or knots are distracting for a work bag.
Choose bags online
It is best to search online for these bags as handcrafted quality leather bags can be viewed and interestingly the leather used for most is locally sourced too. Thus, such purchases help promote local businesses and craftsmen.
• Once a bag is finalised, the next vital thing is what to carry to work. A laptop, notepad, pen, phone, headphones and wallet are all important.
• Next is a small make up kit for touch-ups before an important presentation.
• Once the bag is ready, the next accessory is sunglasses which should be perfect for the frame of the face.
• A comfortable yet fashionable pair of footwear is the next. In case of shoes with heels, keep heals less than 3 inches and if the job involves standing the whole day, a pair of designer flats is highly recommended.
• Jewellery for work should be subtle and subdued if any, such as ear studs and an understated neckpiece.
• Also, a classic watch is a must have accessory.
Once done with accessorising the focus can shift to work wear. If blazers are a must at work, a few classic fits can be teamed with fell-fitted straight pants or knee-length skirts. The blouses can add colour to the outfit although blouses with large motifs or prints must be avoided. Knee-length dresses in subtle prints could also be worn. A light knit sweater in blackmust be carried too. A belt can be paired with the attire to attain a moderate shape defining look.
Workwear should be stylish yet functional and comfortable. Personal styling and accessories can change it from boring to fun.